Saturday, June 21, 2008


Dis is my v first entry in dis blog..
I came up w dis blog as a way for me n my hubby-to-be to look back sumday and remember d journey we go thru before we reach our FINAL DESTINATION...OUR DREAM WEDDING..OUR NEW LIFE IN MARRIAGE AND INSYA ALLAH MANY OTHER HAPPY THINGS IN FUTURE....

Just to summarise our past journey n d things we went thru...
All happened in a short time...

We met on the 20th of Aug 2007...

Believe it or not...it was love at first sight...

I noe sounds crappy but it was so for me..

To be honest we had many ups n downs in our relationships ...
Many external factors dat caused us to break up n patch back a few tymes...

On 26th of May we had an argument which resulted in us breakin up in a v harsh manner...
I thought dat was d final one ...so i even thought of movin on..
So was he...
But he realised sumthin was missing throughout dat few weeks...

On the 14th of July , we met to talk things our nicely
He apologised n we got back together again..
Dis time he told me dat he didnt wanna lose me again so he said dat he wants to marry me..
It wasnt really a proposal...cos he didnt ask...
HAHAHHA...He just told me...he wanna marry me...
He assumed its a yes frm me...
But now dat we r already in d process of plannin for our wedding ....
He told me....he promised to make a PROPER PROPOSAL for me sumday,..
Hahaha...not a surprise already...i noe..
But i guess its fine...
We shall go back to our roots i guess..
His family is comin over to my pl to meet my family and ask for my hands of marriage..
Its goin to be just a small affair of putting a ring on my finger and discussion for our big day which is coming in approximately 6 MTHS TIME!!!!

Its a rush!!
I noe...but we both r having fun plannin it all
Just a week but dis r d things i hav got prepared..:

Bridal outfits n makeup
Decor
Logistics
Catering
Entertainment
Thank You Gifts
Henna
Wedding cake
Flower bouquets/sireh dara/bunga manggar/bunga paha
Tempat berinai
Kendarat

All booked !

Photography n Videography
Henna
Wedding cake

(sourced out but havent paid deposit to secure booking)

Invitation card designs-Sourced but havent finalise design n costing
Venue-TBC
Kadi-TBC can only be booked after venue finalised
Marriage preparation course- The only thing i havent book....hahahhaha

Yesterday...
Jop n me hav found d perfect wedding bands for ourselves !!
We have reserved our rings but only collecting it in few mths time insya allah..
Thank god i hav a cousin working at Tiffany& Co...
I tot it wud be impossible to get my wedding band frm my fav jewellery store Tiffany & Co but jop said...he wud try his v best to make my wishes of a perfect wedding come true...
Furthermore...wedding bands r sumthin u wear for life...supposed to be treasured
So i guess its worth spendin a lil more...
I didnt noe getting wedding bands wud be so difficult cos...i can wear white gold but he hav to wer sumthin 'not gold' meaning platinum or titanium or watever..haha...
So finally we found d PERFECT WEDDING BANDs for us...mine is white gold n his is titanium...My ring cost almost 3 times more den his...hahha...
I feel bad...but he say its ok...as long as we both can wear wat we really like

Weee...i guess i am d happiest woman at dis v moment...

Items for our hantaran gifts have been sourced out but only purchased during oct-dec

I tot of not pressurizing jop n follow wats d ideal n compulsory stuff in our religion by doing without d DOWRY but it seems dat most of my close relatives r questioning it..
After all its not 'wajib'...and if u tink DOWRY is abt wat d girl is worth..
Then u r v wrong...a person's worth is.....PRICELESS (winks at aida....)
Anyway , i would still hav a dowry becos jop wud be giving me one..
So i dun hav to ans to so many qns n doubts so as to y we r suddenly rushing to get married...no dowry...bla bla bla...*sighs*

Now d main n most important thing is....
I already hav to start my ngaji classes n insya allah can complete it before my BIG DAY...
Dats wat my late mom dream of...
Insya allah ok mama...adik try my v best..

Ok den...
Dats abt it...

I am so tired...wanna catch a wink..

Till den
Adios

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home