Tuesday, March 10, 2009


I am back....
Finally..!!

And i really had an enjoyable weekend at Pulau Dayang w hubby..
Like i mentioned before...we were there for me to complete my OPEN WATER ( Basic Diving) Course and i am v proud to say that i managed to go through all the theory n skills test...

My very first time being underwater at the Island was v terrifying initially...
Never in my life i felt so afraid...
Reasons being so is due to my phobia of DROWNING in the sea , watched TOO MUCH of Hollywood movies like JAWS! ....AND of cos...i have alwiz been having Claustrophobia...
Very much afraid of being in confined spaces...being in d dark...being in squeezy spaces etc...
Imagine.....with all dat...i had to face d fear n went diving into the sea...

Putting on all the heavy diving equipments and of cos d v heavy cylinder so dat i hav air to breathe underwater was enuff to make me feel so restless...everythin so tightly wrapped n fastened on my BODY...!!
I swear...i kept on tellin my hubby....dat i felt like vomitting!!

The first stride frm d boat into d sea wasnt too gd either...cos i realised my weight belt dropped and that could be dangerous if i was already deep in the water...Thank god...hubby was there to calm me down...and told me to stay afloat at the surface while he dive down to get my weight belt...and wen everything was almost ok...the instructor told me to get ready to descend into the water....i started to breathe deeply and exhaled as much as i could continuously for abt few times wen i suddenly felt too much sea water getting choked in my throat....i started coughing and ascended back up to d surface...DAT POINT OF TIME...i felt like crying...i just wanna abort d dive...But my instructor told me to relax n try again...and i did...

This time...as i go down...w my heart thumping so hard...i blinked my eyes a few times...and realised...suddenly everything ard me is so blue...and i saw so many fishes swimming ard me...and of cos the rest of the divers waiting for me way down below...oh yeah...btw i was d only one taking the basic OPEN WATER...while the rest r advanced or leisure divers including HUBBY HIMSELF...

Suddenly i forgot abt being breathless , i forgot all d fear , and i dun feel heavy n tight anymore...
Felt like flying...hahah like duh...thats how it is wen u dive...
The feeling was so great...cos i discovered how i could descend or ascend in the water just by controling my breathing and of cos finning around for directions...
Now i noe y so many divers said that the most beautiful scenery u can see is deep under the sea...cos its true...
SO many things..so many colors...but of cos...be careful w wat u touched...
Then i saw hubby hovering above me...showing me a hand signal 'ok?' and i signaled back..'OK!'

TO sum it all up...i enjoyed the experience tremendously..
ALL the 5 dives...by the 3rd one....i was already more courageous...n ready ...in fact v excited to discover n see more things underneath..
I didnt manage to take any photos underwater cos i hav yet to hav my own underwater camera housing and i was v much bz to bother taking much pics of the diving trip..but these r the few pics that we managed to snap fr rememberance during our free time...
So enjoy viewing....
Look at how clear the water is there...simple beautiful


As u can c dats how simple d accomodation is at the island cos...pple who go there r mostly divers...and dats how convenient it is for us to travel to and fro to the jetty for our meals in between the dives..btw we dive between 3-4 times a day thereThis is just by lookin down frm the jetty
Picture of us coming back frm the very first dive


Beautiful sunset in the evening...divers who didnt go fr nite dive unwind by playing beach volleyball...And in the evening...hubby n i managed to spend some quality time on our own by taking a walk by the beach...away frm the other divers...






Hubby snapped a pic of me which looked kinda scary in dis photoAnd dats abt it...d pic above was wen we were leaving the Island to head back to SINGAPORE..

I managed to grab some pics frm other divers' site to share w u...wat r d things i saw when i went diving...and believe me...its really that beautiful as how u c in d pics..in fact even more colorful...
Take a look...
I have always wanted to c a real turtle swimming...and my wish came true wen a turtle started swimming right next to me...i was so excited...i kept on pointing it to hubby...and even tried to swim after it..

Batfish are v common there in Dayang Island..in fact we alwiz see this fish in every dive...
And this my fav...are the CLOWNFISH or better known as NEMO ....
They r very playful and they love to play ard the sea anemone...and i was so engrossed playing with these fishes...that i dun even felt like moving away frm it...till my instructor have to signal to me...'enuff..let's go!'...

So dats abt it...
I really love diving now and i cant wait fr d next diving trip w hubby again...next destination..hopefully we can c SHARKS.....WHALESHARKS...hahahah

Till den
Adios

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home