Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I was advised by a fren not to be too close to my cat for d time being becos of my condition...
I appreciate d advice given and in fact this wasnt d first time i hrd abt pregnant moms having to avoid contact w cats or basically their pets...
Actually i have consulted my gynae abt this long time ago...and this was wat my gynae had to say...
" As long as i dun handle her litter and its not stray cats that i am touching and having close contact with...shud be pretty fine"

KITTY my cat hav her bath every week...and i never really hug and kiss her like hubby does...

I tried not to touch and play w her at all...but its really hard...cos she will be mewing constantly askin for attention till i touch her head/neck..d only part of her body that she is ok w...


As u can c she can sleep so soundly on my BED...and refused to budge even though i try to shoo her away....
All her fur will end up messing my quilt and its v frustrating cos i have to clean my quilt and mattress cover ALL D TIME!!
Lately she has been such an attention seeker....even wanting to lie inside BABY Q's bassinet which of cos is a total NO-NO!
Jop had to scold her n put d bassinet away and cover w plastic but Kitty will still sniff ard d bassinet wanting to go in...

Yesterday , after vacuuming , mopping d floor and changing d quilt cover...i just decided tat my room is NO ENTRY to KITTY at all!!
Cos its so tiring n frustrating having to clear all her fur all d time!!

She was so smart that she will wait outside and d moment i open d door she will try to run and make her way in !
Jop and i hav to be faster than her and it was kinda amusing for us to be like rushing frm her all d time...

This morning , i woke up and she was waiting for me outside...
I shut d door after me and KITTY followed me everywer i went...to d toilet...d kitchen ...everywer...just didnt wanna leave me out of sight...
So i sat at d sofa in d living room...and pat on d cushion beside me...
Obediently , she climbed and sat beside me quietly...
As i gently pat her head and rub her neck....i actually started TALKING and CONSOLING her...like as if i was conversing w a HUMAN!!

I told her nicely that Hubby and i still love her v much...but now dat i am having a baby...i have to stay away frm her for d time being...i cant really hug n kiss her like i used to...and i cant allow her to sleep in our room too!I also told Kitty that once BABY Q is born...he will be sleeping in d room w us...and KITTY definitely cant be in d room...so she got to start practising frm now...
Kitty looked up at me...den looked at my tummy and just remained quiet staring like as if she understood...
I noe it sounded stupid....but i really believe that the cat could sumhow understand...
She could hav sum intelligence n emotions too...she could hav been able to relate to wat i said to her just now...

Then dis time...wen i stood up and walked towards my room....she didnt run after me...
She just sat on d sofa...just staring at me walking away...and i saw d sadness in her eyes....
She then looked away...

I can't believe i can get so emotional n sappy w a cat at dis v moment...
But suddenly yeah....its really TRUE!!
I am missing her n sad that i hav to stay away frm her like dat..
I could only console myself that its for my baby's own gd...

Till den
Adios

1 Comments:

Blogger Ira said...

kitty is so adorable!

October 14, 2009 at 7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home