Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I dunno if wat i am goin to blog abt today is goin to make anyone offended or makin sum disagree w my opinions...but basically...my intentions are merely to share my personal thoughts n experiences...

I noe that sum young married couples would have their own ideal family planning whereby they will decide wen is d ryte tyme to have a baby.
Some would want to wait for a few years after their marriage before they want to take on the responsibility of being Parents while some would want to have a baby of their own right away...
But wat abt cases whereby there r married couples who arent planning for a baby so soon but yet the wifey got pregnant pretty much sooner than they expected?....
Does that mean TROUBLE??BIG PROBLEM??IS IT A BAD THING???.....

To be real honest...
That was wat happened to me and my hubby!
I still remember d past conversations we had before d wedding between me n hubby
He mentioned how he thought we should wait for at least few yrs to stabilize before planning for a BABY....
The concern he had was on our readiness in d sense of financial , commitment , responsibilty and of cos we still have plenty of plans to travel , dive and do many other adventurous stuff together...
I was pretty upset and dissapointed at that time...but i saw d rationale he had behind d decision...
So i didnt argue...and just remained silent.

However , with God's will....
I realised i was expecting 3 mths after our wedding...which was d happiest day of my life ever since d BIG DAY!
Hubby also reacted differently from how i expected....
He was just as excited n surprised....

Now 6mths have passed...as i look back..
I realised how blessed and joyful our lives have been ever since....we got to noe d great news of me expecting..
Our plans had to change...
We had to postpone our HONEYMOON TRIP , STOP ALL DIVING ACTIVITIES and suddenly all our plans for d future is no longer abt just d two of us...but also include d lil unborn baby in my womb...
Its definitely not easy ....!!Trust me!
But finally , i felt i have grown into a much more responsible adult having more responsibilities which aren't at all budden ...
Its a bliss!And i can't stop being thankful for it..Alhamdulilah!

If in d past , i was alwiz viewed as d stubborn , strong-headed youngest daughter in a family being pampered and called 'adik' by everyone in d family which includes all my relatives...
Now...i have to change my role into a young mother who is goin to have a son i need to take care of , nurture n educate into a gd person when he grows up..
It really sounded like a HUGE responsibilty to me..!
Am i scared???or complaning???
No....a lil worried perhaps...but i am embracing this new path in my life w so much pleasure!

Both hubby and i are working so hard to prepare for d lil baby's arrival in December...
I need to work extra hard ...not only for d money but also to prepare my students early for their competitions n performances before i take my long leave frm conducting dance classes frm December to at least end of January...
Most teachers in the schools i teach would tell me how amazed they r to c me still actively dancing , twirling and moving to d beat ....despite d huge bulging tummy i am having currently
And each time i hear such comments...i will just ponder in my head...."till wen can i continue dancing???"
Till December i hope.....*praying hard i can manage*

Hubby and i noe there r so many things we have to buy n get for d lil one ...
As we calculated...its not a small amt to spend...if we wanna get d best things we can afford for our baby...
But as of now...these r d few things we have got for BABY Q...
We bought bit by bit...so that we dun feel d pinch of spending all at one short...

Feeding essentials:
Avent feeding essential set..(sum of d bottles & milk container are gifts frm my Coral Sec Students..thanx darlings!)

Diaper Bag w matching towel and changing mat
Two sided changing mat

Huggies Small& Newborn Diapers , Wet wipes & Snuggle wrap cloth


Bathing essentials , sterilising tongs , bottle cleaner , laundry detergent...( Good bargain becos of d sales recently ...so i grabbed this stuff in advance)
Towels
Accessories like cushy straps , stroller shade and Snuggle wraps
Receiving Blankets & Hooded Towels

Matching sets of hats , mittens & booties for home use & casual use..Cute Socks...( Hubby love d rattles on d socks!)
Thank god i grabbed blue Dior socks...!!( I got this many mths ago...even before i knew d baby gender)
More booties n mittens...!!
Cute lil bibs....for BABY Q's drools n spillage...
Pyjamas ( Also gifts frm my Coral Sec students)

CARTER'S & GERBER newborn rompers...that i cant resist...

Sum cute Bigger sized rompers .i bought in advance..perhaps for Baby Q wen he gets bigger0-3mths Poney & Mothercare t-shirts
The sweatshirt above and jeans below are simply adorable n i simply cant resist....

All meant for 3+mths....
I grabbed these during d recent BABY FOX SALE!!!
Can't wait to c my lil baby in it!!Hehehe...

Other than d new wardrobe bath & feeding essentials for BABY Q...
Hubby and i have also gotten a neat BLACK& RED G Elite GO GO Pram cum stroller for our lil baby...
Even though Quinny was our intial choice wen we walked into d Spring Maternity Store , we finally settled on this model becos i like d big compartment bag which can be attached below the pram unlike Quinny...
I also like d shape n idea of my baby being able to sleep comfortably in d cosy bassinet frm newborn to perhaps d first few mths...


It comes w a car-seat adapter compatible for a car seat which we already bought frm Mothercare almost like d one above in dis pic if we prefer to use d car seat rather than d bassinet at certain times...
And finally can be changed to a stroller seat cover for BABY Q once he gets bigger..how convenient...

Now in my wishlist:
BABYCOT
FISHERPRICE ROCKER/SWING
BABY SLING/CARRIER
BABY BATH TUB
BRIGHT STARS PLAY GYM
MUNCHKIN ORGANIZER , BOTTLE RACK & OTHER ESSENTIALS
BEDDING SET
THERMOMETER
BABY COT MOBILE
MADELA ELECTRIC PUMP

and d list goes on and on.....
C wat i meant wen i said...there r so many things we have to get for dis LIL GUY!!!

So...back to my blog entry....
My point is...
Having a BABY could be such a blessing and we as humans cant predict d future ..
We never know how miraculous it would be for us to be blessed w more opportunities , income n blessings to sumhow make us able to 'afford' having a BABY eventually..

Of cos...having a baby is so much more than just for now but a long journey ahead in d future...
But just like marriage...its a BIG STEP we have to take or try before we noe wat we r capable of...
Fear n worries wun bring us anywer if we keep on pushing d responsibility and commitment away...
Again...i noe..sum may not agree w me here...but for me at least i noe...
Hubby and i have changed our plans n mindset and willing to adapt n embrace these new wonderful changes in our lives...

Nothing is impossible...
Having a BABY is a wonderful thing...!!


Till den

Adios

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home