Saturday, December 12, 2009

Hi....Its been a while since d last update....
As u all noe...or perhaps sum who dunno yet...i have finally delivered my v first baby QUAZZA ILHANDYL last Tue....8th dec 09...
Let me bring u back to d whole journey that i went thru DAT DAY!!
I woke up as early as 3.30 to pack my stuff and prepare to head to KKH Delivery Suite for d scheduled induced labour..
But of cos....hubby and i went to MC DONALDS for our v early breakfast first cos i noe dat was goin to be my last MC DONALDS meal until my confinement period is over...
So we reached KKH at 5.30....and i went to d Delivery Suite to have my postine tablet to be inserted...and to wait for d table to have its reaction...i could go up to my ward and WAIT...
I was told dat if d first table doesnt have any effect , i will go for d 2nd and subsequently 3rd table after 12 or 24 hrs...sumthin like dat....
However..i didnt even have to wait for a day...
At abt 12.30pm...i started to experience d contractions which was immediately at 2-3 mins interval...and i was really tossing n turning on d bed tryin to control d pain...
I decided to head to d delivery suite again at 1.30pm as i told hubby dat i tink...dat WAS IT!!
There u c me struggling in pain...(but dat wasnt d MOST PAINFUL PART YET)....w d oxygen mask beside me shud i need it at anytime...and i was just posing for d pic...i didnt even use d mask YET until...LATER ..which i will come to dat part...
Hubby was enjoying d comfy seat and watching some funny show on TV...
At 3.30pm...my gynae arrived and confirmed dat i was 3cm dilated...and to my SURPRISE...he suddenly broke my waterbag using sum long object...which caused me to be in SUCH A TERRIBLE PAIN...which i never experienced ever before in my life....
I was really crying in pain and grabbed my hubby's hand as hard as i could...
To summarise d story short.....i opted for d epidural as i couldnt take d pain any longer...and i was told that i might still have to wait for 8-10more hrs for my cervix to be fully dilated!!!
Fortunately at 6pm...my gynae came in and informed me dat i was fully dilated so i can start pushing!!
I was so shocked as i didnt expect it to be dat soon...
I took abt half an hour to push...and finally at 6.31pm BABY Q is born...



As u can c he weighed 3.73kg at dat time wen he was born...and yeah today he is already 3.9kg...as i went for a checkup just now...
I was surprised i could have d strength to push and deliver a 3.7kg baby...
Its God's will of cos...but i hurt my chest muscle and ribcage bone during d pushing and still recovering...as i feel pain each time i breathe and move abt....

But the pain and ordeal that i went thru was all worth it...wen i see dis beautiful lil angel in my arms....for d v first time...


No words could describe d feelings i felt at dat moment...It was simply touching and memorable experience for every woman who goes thru it....DAT I AM V SURE....
Hubby took a pic of me , Baby q , Doc Arthur Tseng , my gynae n Hui Zhen ...d v caring nurse who took v gd care of me d whole time i was at d DELIVERY SUITE...
So dats my lil prince....Quazza Ilhandyl Bin Mohamad Joppri!!
Hubby and i r still tryin to figure out who he looks like...
My relatives and close frens came to visit me at d hospital and i thank every single one of u all who came although i cudnt upload all d pics...but of cos sum pics can be seen at my multiply and FB....AND i thank everyone for d gifts...

Aniway back to sum pics...dats hubby tryin to BOND w his son....
Apparently Quazza seemed attentive wen his Daddy is speakin to him
And he is pretty responsive wen i talk or even sing to him....
This jacket is indeed a precious one to me n hubby as it was d same jacket dat brought us together wen we first met...
I was in cold as i drove him home during OUR FIRST DATE...so he offered to lend me d jacket to wear home...but actually d objective was so dat we have a reason to meet again...
The same jacket was d one keepin me warm wen i was shivering while trying to push lil baby q during labour...and now d same jacket is keepin Quazza warm at d hospital...

This is a pic of him wen he first reached my sis pl last Wed...as i will be stayin in Serangoon during my confinement period...The Travel Playpen dat i ordered have yet to arrive initially...But the shipment frm U.S arrived at d v right moment...10th Dec...

So Quazza Ilhandyl finally get to sleep in his v 'first bed'

Sis was so sweet to make dis baggage tag for Quazza....w a pic of my fav cartoon character...POOH!!

And last but not least is a pic of me hubby and Quazza....
Our v first family pic together....taken at KKH dis afternoon after Quazza's checkup...

Ok i gtg now...
better catch sum sleep before my lil prince wakes up ..

Till den
Adios

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home